10 Best Way To Surprise Parents With Pregnancy News
Updated on: March 2023
Best Way To Surprise Parents With Pregnancy News in 2023
Surprise Pregnancy Announcement for Grandparents, Baby Coming Soon Bodysuit, Baby Announcement Gifts
Learning to Parent in the Light in a Dark World: My Journey of Sorrow and Joy
Maternity Spoiler Alert Im Pregnant T Shirt Funny Pregnancy Announcement Reveal (Black) - XL
- SUPERIOR DESIGN: Crazy Dog T-shirt branded tees are designed and printed in the USA. We screen print our graphic tees with state of the art equipment to ensure vibrant colors and lasting durability. Our awesome funny shirts are the perfect gift for any occasion.
- NEW FAVORITE SHIRT: We have our tees manufactured to be the best super soft high quality shirts. Our vintage lightweight fitted tees are made from ringspun cotton to get that comfortable fit and feel. Our sarcastic tees have the funniest sayings, while hilarious they are cool at the same time and are perfect when you're binging movies on the couch or chillin at the gym.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Whether you're cute and adorable or sarcastic and nerdy, get ready to have fun with this graphic tee. Machine washable (wash/iron inside out in cold water/low heat, hang dry,). Larger sizes are available - 3XL 4XL and 5XL – for most novelty designs. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, we will provide an immediate exchange.
- BEST GIFTS: Cool shirts are great for your brother or sister and make ideal Christmas, birthday, anniversary, or holiday presents for family, friends, or treating yourself to a great tee. They're great retro geek gifts ideas for a nerd with a sarcastic sense of humor. Froms 80s retro prints to presents for gamers!
- MATERNITY BUMP SHIRT: This is a maternity t shirt designed to fit expecting mothers and tailor made so your bump has a place to go. Sizes tend to run small, so order a larger shirt if you're between sizes. Our other listings do contain men, women, kids, toddler, and baby sizes. Check out all of our graphic tees for women and funny pregnancy shirts for expecting mothers.
5 Pregnancy Announcement Scratch Off Cards | Baby Announcement Fake Lottery Scratchers Replicas | Surprise your Family & Friends and Reveal this Fabulous Baby News in the Most Memorable Way !
- 👶 GOT A BUN IN THE OVEN?! First of all, a big congratulations to you! There’s no news more amazing than announcing, “I’m pregnant!” We've got you covered with our creative and fun lottery scratch off ticket replicas! A viral video of a customer using our cards was even featured on ABC’s Right This Minute!
- 👶 CUTE AND FUN WAY TO REVEAL YOU'RE EXPECTING! Discovering the miracle of your pregnancy is, in some way, like learning you've won the lotto. There is no better way to welcome the big news to friends and family than with a lottery scratch-off!
- 👶 WORKS WITH EVERYONE: We made the game on the card simple and easy to understand for all kids and adults. Whether you’re surprising friends, siblings, husband, parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, these pregnancy scratch off lottery ticket cards will be the perfect way to announce it.
- 👶 LOOKS AND FEELS REAL: We used a premium 300 gsm card stock to imitate the look and feel of a real scratch off. The backs of all pregnancy announcement scratch tickets contain standard and generic lottery language; a perfect surprise that will have friends and family thinking it’s the real deal!
- 👶 PERFECT SIZE AND MADE IN THE US: Our cards measure 4 x 6 inches, a common size for lottery tickets which leaves enough space to clearly show all elements on the cards visibly and legibly. The cards even fit in a standard size envelope for easy mailing. Our cards are PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA.
Pregnancy Announcement for Family Baby Reveal Gift (Grandparents Gold)
- Made from real quail egg shells, recipients crack the egg to reveal your exciting news! The announcement is inserted thru a small hole that is then patched to be virtually invisible. It is a truly unique way to announce the news of a lifetime
- Each announcement includes: 1 crack me pregnancy reveal egg, nest and wax sealed box
- Arrives conveniently packaged in an "indestructible" shipping container for easy mail forwarding to your recipient
- Arrives exactly as shown in the photos.
7 ate 9 Apparel Can't Wait to Meet Grandparents Pregnancy Announcement Onepiece White
- Grandma and Grandpa, I Can't Wait to Meet You White Baby Onepiece
- Great idea for a pregnancy reveal
- 100% Cotton
- Pregnancy Reveal Idea to Surprise New Grandparents
- Baby Onepiece Pregnancy Announcement
7 ate 9 Apparel Guess What? Pregnancy Announcement Onepiece 0-3 Months
- [GUESS WHAT] Pregnancy Announcement Idea - Announcement Baby Onepiece
- [SURPRISE!] Great Pregnancy Announcement Gift
- [TELL THE WORLD] Creative way to reveal the news to new Grandparents, Daddy, Friends, Family & Don't Forget SOCIAL MEDIA!
- [UNIQUE] Baby Pregnancy Reveal Outfit
- [HIGH QUALITY] Printed directly onto the fabric for a smooth touch, never scratchy!
Big Dot of Happiness Pregnancy Announcement - Photo Prop Kit - 10 Count
- Pregnancy Announcement Photo Prop Kit INCLUDES 10 photo announcement signs with unique announcement wording. Take entertaining and shareable pregnancy photos for your friends and family while making memories with a Pregnancy Announcement Photo Prop Kit!
- PERFECT FOR ANY PREGNANCY! Pregnancy photo signs include prompts for all types of parents - from first-time parents to signs for siblings and pets. Three signs include space to write your due date with your own black marker and pose for the camera! Pregnancy Announcement Photo Prop Kit signs MEASURE 11.5 inches x 7.5 inches.
- ANNOUNCEMENT SIGN SAYINGS: There are 10 unique photo prompts, one on each sign: BIG SISTER IN TRAINING - PROMOTION EFFECTIVE (write-in date); BIG BROTHER IN TRAINING - PROMOTION EFFECTIVE (write-in date), WE’RE HAVING A BABY! EXPECTED ARRIVAL (write-in date), MOM & DAD ARE GETTING ME A HUMAN, THE SECRET IS OUT WE’RE EXPECTING, OH BABY WE HAVE BIG NEWS, AND THEN THERE WERE THREE, BABY BELLY, BEER BELLY and YUP ANOTHER ONE.
- HIGH-QUALITY PHOTO ANNOUNCEMENTS: Pregnancy Announcement photo props are professionally printed on thick cardstock paper. They will arrive cut out and ready to use in candid photo shoots or with a professional photographer!
- MADE IN THE USA: Pregnancy Announcement Photo Prop Kit is designed and manufactured at our Wisconsin facility using materials that are Made in the USA.
Pregnancy Announcement Scratch Off Lottery Tickets, New Baby Game, 5 Cards My Scratch Offs
- ANNOUNCING YOUR PREGNANCY: Congratulations on the big news! Whether it’s your first child or your seventh, letting people know that you’re pregnant can be an exciting time. Having an interactive announcement will get your loved ones even more excited about your news. Our classy scratch-off jackpot cards are the perfect way to let family and friends know that you’re expecting.
- ADOPTION OR IVF NEWS: Adults and kids will enjoy this casino-themed scratch-off card because it will tell them that there will be a new addition to the family. Give everyone a gag lottery ticket and have them scratch off the silver film revealing what’s underneath. New dads, grandparents, aunts, and uncles will be thrilled with this cute gimmick!
- UNIQUE REVEAL: Our scratch-off, lottery-themed cards allow participants to have a fun, interactive experience. They just need a coin or scratcher tool to scratch the card — no other supplies needed. Watch as people think they’re winning the lotto, but instead are getting even better news! Use these cards as party favors to surprise your friends with an unexpected celebration.
- 5 JACKPOT CARDS: Each scratch-off card is an eye-catching color. When your loved ones scratch off the box that says “Match 3 & Win,” it’ll reveal your exciting secret! Beneath the scratch-off section, the card shows 3 rows of lottery symbols, the last row being a row of pacifiers. Underneath the final row, it says “We’re having a baby!.”
- QUALITY AT MY SCRATCH OFFS: At My Scratch Offs, we pride ourselves on making quality products that can be used at class parties, family get-togethers, or business events. We also have scratch-offs, stickers, and lottery tickets for Valentine’s Day, gender-reveal parties, classroom events, weddings, birthdays, holiday parties, and more!
Drinking for Three | Funny New Dad Father Pregnancy Announcement Joke T-Shirt-(Adult,L) Sport Grey
- MICHIGAN ARTISTS & PRINTERS | this design was drawn and screen printed (silk screened) with pride by our skilled illustrators and printers in Ann Arbor. If you're ever in the area, stop by for a free tour and see how we make your apparel! Tagless tag is printed on fabric inside collar, you can't feel it. No print on backside
- UNISEX MODERN FIT SIZING | this shirt is slightly tapered to be a little less boxy than the old style of mass-market t-shirt. Nothing drastic, and most people wear the same size in our shirts as they do in all of their others, but you might go one size larger if you're on the fence. It is pre-shrunk, but like any high-cotton product, will still shrink slightly in the wash. Our model photos are the real thing - the actual shirt on our salesguy, Rich. He's 6' 2", 200 lbs and wearing a large
- SOFT FABRICS | This shirt is a ringspun, 30/1 fine jersey knit on 90% USA-grown cotton (10% polyester for the two-tone effect). If you don't speak t-shirt geek, that means they are soft and smooth with a high thread-count, tight knit made out of fuzzy plants grown by American farmers. These are mid-weight shirts - a bit lighter than your mass-market, thick gym class t-shirts, but substantial / not see-through. It's a nice balance between comfort and durability
- TOP QUALITY INKS | We use QCM screen printing inks, manufactured in Pineville, North Carolina. These are high quality inks - vibrant and durable, and highly crack resistant. Some of our designs are intentionally faded or cracked (see product photos), but our inks always "do what they are told" by our printers. We use top of the line printing presses and ovens (to cure inks) made by M&R in Illinois
- SAFE CHEMISTRY | QCM has been one of the most forward-thinking ink manufacturers in the industry, going phthalate-free over ten years ago - way ahead of the curve. They're also CFC free and rated as carcinogen-free by the state of California
What it was like for a Woman to Be Pregnant in the 1950's
If you were pregnant in the 1950's, you were administered harsh drugs for labor and remained in the hospital for a week. You were given strange warnings by your doctor and even saying the word "pregnant" in public was considered crude.
A urine sample would be collected and it was sent to a laboratory. In the 1950's the urine was injected into a rabbit and if the rabbit died, this was a positive test for pregnancy. This is where the old saying, "the rabbit done died", came from.
No one would suggest that you should stop smoking or even drinking if you where pregnant during this decade. You would sit at the doctor's office and smoke while waiting for your turn to be seen. Your doctor would often be the one to offer you a light for your cigarette as you dicussed your pregnancy in his office. It was your family medical doctor who would deliver your baby in the 50's; there were no specialists to go to for a routine pregnancy.
A pregnant woman was treated as if she was frail and would be prescribed a lot of bed rest. Warnings were given out by your doctor not to reach for things over your head. It was thought that this activity could cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the unborn babies neck. You were also told not to sit on any cold cement, such as a front stoop because it would cause hemorrhoids.
If you gained too much weight during your pregnancy, you were probably given a diet pill. Many women of this decade were given the harsh diet pills referred to as "black beauties". A previous miscarriage would put you in the high risk category for another pregnancy. For this reason during this decade the medication Thalidomide was given for a woman in this category. This drug caused many severe birth defects in children, such as missing parts of their limbs at birth.
Pregnant women did not go to funerals due to superstition. This was cross cultural and it was considered in very bad taste if a woman went to a funeral while they were, "with child". In fact, the words "pregnant or pregnancy", were not spoken in public. The woman was, "with child", "in the family way", or "expecting".
You were pampered throughout your pregnancy and up near the time your baby was due, you were suggested to do a "practice run" to the hospital. Hospitals were few and far between in the 50's, and most people lived quite far from one. You were told to time the ride to the hospital that you were expecting to go to when you were in labor. You were to have a bag packed and ready by the door. In that bag, you should have a weeks worth of clothes with you.
Yes, this is correct, a weeks worth of night gowns and clean underwear you would bring with you because that is how long you stayed in the hospital in those days. If you went past your due date the doctor would suggest your husband take you for a ride in the car down a bumpy road. This was to induce labor.
When finally went into labor after the many months of pampering, you did it alone. Your husband and family members were not allowed anywhere near you until after the delivery and you and the baby were cleaned up. In the 1950's you were given drugs during labor. You were either but into twilight sleep or knocked out completely. The medical community did not believe that women should experience any pain during child birth.
In this era, most people smoked cigarettes and you were supplied an ashtray and smoking material while in the hospital. Breast feeding was not recommended as much as it is today, so most babies were bottle feed. The baby stayed in the nursery and was brought to the mother just for feeding. Once the baby visited with its mother just long enough to have a bottle, they were whisked away back to the nursery. The mother was the only one in the room when the baby came in for its feeding. Fathers and family members could only look at the baby through the glass window of the nursery.
Once you came home with the baby, someone, such as your mother or mother in law, would stay with you so you could rest and they would take care of the baby. This went on for a few weeks. Due to the possibility of germs, usually no one was invited into the house for the first few months after the baby's birth, except your husband and the person staying with you to help.
The baby would not be allowed out of the house until it was baptized back in those days and the mother would enjoy a recuperation period of approximately a month. This would entail having the baby tended to and the housework done by the person staying with you.