10 Best Things To Buy New Parents
Updated on: April 2023
Best Things To Buy New Parents in 2023
The Sh!t No One Tells You: A Guide to Surviving Your Baby's First Year (Sh!t No One Tells You (1))
Baby Handprint & Footprint Keepsake Photo Frame Kit - Personzalize it w/Free Stencil! Non-Toxic Clay, Wall/Table Wood Picture Frame. Perfect Registry, Baby Shower, New Mom, Birthday & Newborn Gift!
- A PERFECT HANDPRINT & FOOTPRINT TO CHERISH - Capture the timeless beauty of your baby's tiny little hands and feet with our complete keepsake and photo frame kit - with clay, roller, double-sided tape, stencil kit, table stand, and wall brackets for easy display on a nursery wall, table, or mantel.
- PERSONALIZE & CUSTOMIZE - New parents love our bonus stencil kit featuring letters, numbers, shapes and symbols so you can customize your memento! Add your newborn baby's name and/or birthdate to your keepsake!
- PREMIUM, SAFE & NON-TOXIC CLAY - Made in small batches so it's fresh and easy to work with, and of course, 100% safe and non-toxic for babies fingers and toes
- A WONDERFUL NEWBORN GIFT - What's better than a personalized baby gift? Our kit gets rave reviews at baby showers, holidays, Valentine's Day and birthdays - perfect for new moms, dads, and grandparents alike.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEED - Our easy-to-use clay is made to produce perfect impressions that last without cracking! Our premium quality frame, back, and mounting equipment is beautiful and durable. Buy with confidence and stay protected with our lifetime guarantee.
Christmas Gifts for Dad - World's Best F-rter/Father Funny Mug - Best Dad or Husband Xmas Gift - Gag Present Idea for Him From Son, Daughter, Wife - Unique Bday Gift for Men, Guys - Fun Novelty Cup
- INDIVIDUALLY GIFT BOXED - Conveniently arrives gift-ready in a nice white Wittsy gift box with colored bubble wrap
- PREMIUM QUALITY - High quality white ceramic has our unique design on both sides; dishwasher and microwave safe; 11 oz capacity
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR A DAD - a hilarious present for a dad from his child or wife; the design says “World's Best F_rter - I Mean Father”
- GOOD FOR SEVERAL OCCASIONS - This humorous dad mug makes an awesome and useful gift to coffee drinkers for a Christmas stocking stuffer, Hanukkah, 2019 Xmas, inexpensive holiday gift, Father's Day, bday, Valentine's Day, your anniversary, stocking stuffer, cool gift basket, white elephant gift exchange humor, secret santa, yankee swap, sarcastic gag gift bags and wraps, office work party, college graduation, retirement, turning 30 40 50 60 or 70 years old, funniest creative small gifts
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - All of our gift items are backed by our manufacturer's money back guarantee ensuring you receive a quality product free from defects; Wittsy Glassware creates unique novelty drinkware with sayings that make fun gifts for him or her, parents, children, mom, dad, son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, boys, girls, seniors, adults, teens, kids, man, woman, grandmother, grandfather, student, teacher, employees, boss, male, female
Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Kids Edition, an Echo designed for kids with parental controls - Rainbow
- Improved speaker quality - Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
- Designed with kids in mind - They can ask Alexa to play music, hear stories, call approved friends and family, and explore a world of kid-friendly skills.
- Peace of mind for parents - Set daily time limits and review activity. Plus, automatically filter explicit songs from select music services.
- Endless fun for kids - Includes a world of content with 1 year of FreeTime Unlimited. After 1 year, your subscription will automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99/month plus applicable tax. You may cancel any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee - If it breaks, return it and we’ll replace it for free.
- Kid-friendly content - FreeTime Unlimited gives you access to over 1,000 Audible books, thousands of songs, plus favorite games and skills.
- Let them explore on their own - Not a toy, this smart speaker lets kids ask Alexa questions, set timers and alarms, or check the weather.
- Designed to protect your family's privacy - Echo Dot Kids Edition is built with multiple layers of privacy protection and controls, including a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
Facebook Portal TV Smart Video Calling on Your TV with Alexa Black
- Easily video call with friends and family using Messenger and WhatsApp even if they don't have portal
- Smart camera automatically pans and zooms to keep up with the action Move and talk freely and always stay in frame
- Portal TV is smart video calling on the biggest screen in your home. Wifi 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz
- See and do more with Alexa built-in Control your smart home check who’s at the front door listen to your favorite music watch the news and more hands-free
- Enjoy movies and shows from our growing list of partners including PRIME video CBS all-access Spotify Pandora and more
- Bring your children's favorite stories to life with story time’s music animation and AR effects
- Feel closer with Shared augmented reality effects masks and games on the big screen
- Display photos from Facebook Instagram and your smartphone’s camera roll with Superframe
- Get notifications when your contacts are available to connect
- Smart sound enhances your voice while minimizing unwanted background noise
Kindle Paperwhite â€“ Now Waterproof with 2x the Storage â€“ Includes Special Offers
- Now available in Black or Twilight Blue
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
- The built-in adjustable light lets you read indoors and outdoors, day and night.
- Get instant access to new releases and bestsellers, plus over a million titles at $2.99 or less.
Baby Socks Gift Set - Unique Baby Shower or Newborn Present | Cute Fun Quotes for Boys & Girls 4 Pairs 3-15 Mnths
- BABY SHOWER OR NEWBORN BABY GIFT - problem solved with this unique baby gift box of 4 pairs of baby quote socks. Twinkletoes are the Original cute baby quote gift socks and are made to the highest standards - don't be swayed by poor quality knock-offs. A beautiful gift that will be treasured.
- SOFT TO TOUCH and won't irritate baby's skin - combed cotton baby socks with a touch of spandex for stretch-ability. The combed cotton adds a touch of elegance while the cheeky and fun non-slip quotes put a smile on everyone's face.
- BOY OR GIRL - Gender neutral colors of fawn, cream, grey and white makes baby gift choice easy. The muted and neutral tones go well for any occasion
- HAVE SOME FUN - Baby gift sock quotes are | if you can read this - bring me some milk | don't make me cry - you wudnt like it when i cry | 50% mom 50% dad - 100% perfect | of course im cute - just look at my mom. All complementary quotes - no bad taste jokes or intonations making for a lovely gift that no one will cringe at
- THE ORIGINAL - Twinkletoes by Mommachi are designed and made with thoughtfulness and care. We love that warm feeling of giving and receiving gifts and we designed this cute socks gift box to ensure genuine smiles are had all round. If you're not entirely happy with this delightful little gift let us know and we'll do everything we can to help.
SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper
- Mesh sides provide a clear view of baby and help air circulate to protect baby from overheating
- Sturdy metal frame fold flat for travel. The dimensions are 15.7 x 6.1 x 17.2 inches
- Soft, comfortable fabrics.Use non-chlorine bleach only if needed
- Includes mattress pad and fitted sheet. Interior measurement is 29.5 x 13.5 inches
- Age Range: Birth until baby begins to push up or roll over
Amazon eGift Card - Baby Chalk
- Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and carry no fees.
- Multiple gift card designs and denominations to choose from.
- Redeemable towards millions of items store-wide at Amazon.com or certain affiliated websites.
- Available for immediate delivery. Gift cards sent by email can be scheduled up to a year in advance.
- No returns and no refunds on Gift Cards.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards can only be used to purchase eligible goods and services on Amazon.com and certain related sites as provided in the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions. To purchase a gift card for use on an Amazon website in another country, please visit: Amazon.ca, Amazon.cn, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.in, Amazon.it, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.es, or Amazon.com.au.
Baby Socks 4-Pair Gift Set -Infant Essentials with Funny Sayings -Non-Skid Gripper Socks to Prevent Slip or Fall -Designed for Safety and Comfort -Unique Baby Shower Gift for 6-24 Months Girls or Boys
- BEST BABY SHOWER GIFT - These cute baby socks will surely be loved by the expecting parents. Neutral colors are selected to match either baby boys or baby girls. It surely makes you wish you could get a pair for yourself.
- WORRY-FREE BABY SITTING - The printed sole of the socks works as anti-grip or anti-slip which takes away your fear of falling while your baby is trying to walk on his/her own.
- COMFORTABLE BABY EXPERIENCE - The combination of cotton, nylon and spandex materials make these funny socks breathable and stretchable. It protects the baby's skin from rashes and discomfort.
- KEEP THEM WARM - Are you worrying about how you’re going to keep those cute little piggy toes from turning blue this winter? These baby essentials are not just cute and comfy, they’ll keep your little one’s feet warm.
- PERFECT FIT - Finding socks that fit your baby can be a difficult task. It can also be challenging to find a pair of socks for chubby ankles. Giggles Haven socks are made of stretchy material, meaning they can comfortably fit different foot sizes from 6 months to 2 years old.
Things Parents Do that Embarrass Their Children
The three most common things parents do that make their children want to run and hide.
Awful right? No one likes to be embarrassed. Many of us can remember the most embarrassing moments of our lives. Often these moments were caused by someone else or perhaps even ourselves.
Some of these are smaller things like mispronouncing someone's name or forgetting your thoughts in the middle of a conversation. Other embarrassments may have been bigger such as tripping on stage in front of hundreds of people or someone saying bad things about you in front of others.
Some of these embarrassments will happen regardless of what we do. However, some are preventable such as the embarrassments that we, as parents, sometimes cause our children. The most common of these falls into one of 3 categories:
1) Yelling at them in public - I can understand that children will sometimes test your patience. Sometimes we have already had a bad day and the kids are begging for things, in the grocery store, that you have already said no about.
We have to be conscious not to take any harbored frustration out on our children. We also have to be conscious of setting proper expectations with them so they are not giving you reasons to want to yell at them in front of the "whole world."
2) Making them perform on the spot for your company - How many times have you attended someone's dinner party or other event in their home and the children are forced to perform on the spot? Now, if your child loves to perform, this does not apply to you. Or, if the performance was pre-planned, then this would not apply.
This is more so in regards to the times when we are using our children to prove to our friends that our kids have talent. So, we call them out of their rooms and advise them to dance, sing, tell jokes, or showcase some other skill, against their will. Yes, it is our job as parents to encourage our children to use their talents. However, the environment for this should not be one where your child will leave feeling traumatized.
3) Showing up to their school with a shabby appearance - I could write an entirely separate article on this one. This issue is NOT about money and designer clothes. This is about much simpler things like wearing something that matches, ironing your clothes, and making sure your hair does not look like you just rolled out of bed.
Another issue is when moms show up to the school dressed in risky outfits that scream "I am a desperate housewife and I need to be validated." If you are not concerned with your appearance for yourself, then at least be concerned for your child. No child wants to be known at their school as the kid with the raggedy looking mom or dad or the "desperate" mom. To think that children do not notice or talk about these things is naive.
The bottom line is even though we are the parents and they are the children, they are people too. They have feelings and we should be conscious of our behaviors and how they affect them. There is a balance between making sure our children know we are in charge, and being respectful of them as people.
It is up to us to find that balance. We have to make sure to teach them right from wrong and hold them accountable to right things. A major part of this is setting a great example, and not doing things that will harm our relationship with them.