Best Parents in 2023
Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents
Peaceful Parent Happy Kids (The Peaceful Parent Series)
Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life
Dealing with Parents Who Arrive Late to Pick Up Their Children from Your Daycare
If you run your own work at home daycare, and then you have probably had to deal with a parent being late on one occasion or another.
1. You need to make sure that you have a line in your contract that clearly states how you will handle re occurring lateness. This will make it easier to bring up to the parents, and may make your task of discussing this issue with them a little easier.
2. Remind them on a daily basis that they will have to be on time. If a person is constantly late you should not wait a few weeks and then bring the topic up to them, you should really take the time to tell them when the incident occurs. This way they can not say that you reminded them.
3. Don't be afraid to let the parent know that every time they are late is affects your schedule. Especially if you happen to have a family of your own that needs your attention.
4. If you charge a late fee make sure that you enforce it. If you have in your contract that a late fee will be charged each time a person is late make sure that you enforce. Even though some people want to be nice, you need to stick with your own agreement. This will help to avoid any future problems, and may encourage the person to be on time.
5. Schedule a time to meet about the re-occurring lateness. If a person is constantly late and you have mentioned that them being late is a problem, you should make a point to schedule a meeting time with them. Make it very clear that if they continue to be late you may have to terminate your baby sitting agreement.
These are just a few suggestions on what you can do if someone is constantly late picking up or even dropping off their child to your at home day care. The important thing is that you take the time to communicate your unhappiness with the parent. Let them know that this is just not acceptable. If they still get upset after you have done all you can to spare their feelings then don't even stress about it. Some times parents need to learn the hard way the importance of being on time.