10 Best Gift Ideas For New Parents
Updated on: March 2023
Best Gift Ideas For New Parents in 2023
Willow Tree New Life, Sculpted Hand-Painted Figure
Experimenting with Babies: 50 Amazing Science Projects You Can Perform on Your Kid
Baby Handprint & Footprint Keepsake Photo Frame Kit - Personzalize it w/Free Stencil! Non-Toxic Clay, Wall/Table Wood Picture Frame. Perfect Registry, Baby Shower, New Mom, Birthday & Newborn Gift!
- A PERFECT HANDPRINT & FOOTPRINT TO CHERISH - Capture the timeless beauty of your baby's tiny little hands and feet with our complete keepsake and photo frame kit - with clay, roller, double-sided tape, stencil kit, table stand, and wall brackets for easy display on a nursery wall, table, or mantel.
- PERSONALIZE & CUSTOMIZE - New parents love our bonus stencil kit featuring letters, numbers, shapes and symbols so you can customize your memento! Add your newborn baby's name and/or birthdate to your keepsake!
- PREMIUM, SAFE & NON-TOXIC CLAY - Made in small batches so it's fresh and easy to work with, and of course, 100% safe and non-toxic for babies fingers and toes
- A WONDERFUL NEWBORN GIFT - What's better than a personalized baby gift? Our kit gets rave reviews at baby showers, holidays, Valentine's Day and birthdays - perfect for new moms, dads, and grandparents alike.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEED - Our easy-to-use clay is made to produce perfect impressions that last without cracking! Our premium quality frame, back, and mounting equipment is beautiful and durable. Buy with confidence and stay protected with our lifetime guarantee.
Tstars You Can Do This Dad Outfit Funny Gift for New Dads Cute Baby Boy Girl Bodysuit NB (0-3M) White
- Best gift idea for a new dad! Funny Father's day gifts or birthday present for new dads.
- Great gift for any first time father. Perfect for a Proud dad to pose with his NB (0-3M) baby in photo-shoot.
- Surprise your husband, Brother, Son or any new Dad for the birth of his NB (0-3M) son / daughter or to celebrate his 1st Father's Day!
- The cutest little infant one-piece bodysuit for your NB (0-3M) baby boy / Girl.
- A fun birthday gift idea, baby shower gift or Xmas present for baby boys and girls.
New Parents Pregnancy Announcement Coffee Mug Set 11oz
- NEW PARENTS! - Enjoy a relaxing morning with your new favorite ceramic coffee cup set for couples, which reads Mom, Dad on BOTH sides. Holds 11 ounces of your favorite coffee, tea or beverage
- THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING - What's better than giving a coffee mug set for a special couple for their engagement party or anniversary. Every time they drink their precious coffee they will think of you. Coffee addiction never looked so good.
- TOP QUALITY - Printed in the USA with the highest quality materials that can guarantee its long life and their constant satisfaction. The mug that can ensure an enjoyable morning coffee for many years!
- DISHWASHER & MICROWAVE SAFE - Printed with superior ceramic inks that are fired on at a temperature of up to 1200 degrees. A truly permanent imprint that will never fade or lose its glow.
- CAREFULLY PACKAGED - Each Coffee Mug Set is carefully packaged in a durable white gift box; guaranteed to arrive safely with free shipping through Amazon Prime.
Letters to my Son as I watch you grow: Blank Journal, A thoughtful Gift for New Mothers,Parents. Write Memories now ,Read them later & Treasure this lovely time capsule keepsake forever, Elephant,grey
Pregnancy Gift Est 2020 - New Mommy and Daddy Est 2020 11 oz Mug Heart Set with"Let Adventurer Begin" Romper (0-3 Months) - Top Mom and Dad Gift Set for New and Expecting Parents to Be - Baby Shower
- ★ PERFECT GIFT FOR EXPECTING PARENTS: It is often hard to come up with a parents to be gift, so we have made it simple with our mom dad mugs set with 0-3 month unisex onesie, and unisex bib! A great new parents gifts. With mom mugs and dad mugs showing their new baby was est 2020!
- ★ DESIGNED AND PRINTED IN THE USA: We take pride in making mom's to be and dad's to be happy and we hope it shows in our product. We use top quality, ceramic with high quality printing on both sides of mug. Our 11 oz Mugs are the perfect gifts, for baby shower, pregnancy announcements, Christmas, birthdays, anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or any other cute reason you want to show appreciation.
- ★ PACKAGED WITH CARE: In order to achieve 100% Customer Satisfaction, our packaging is made durable for during shipping. Each item is carefully packed in thick boxes, so we can make sure you receive your order safely and in perfect condition. For any defects in the materials on any of our products we stand 100% behind, please contact our fantastic customer service team.
- ★ BABY ANNOUNCEMENT ONESIE & BIB: New mama bear & papa bears will truly appreciate the gesture and know the the adventure has begun with this matching arrow bib and onesie with arrows.
- ★ BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Be prepared with you new baby announement.
Dad and Mom Marble Coffee Mug Set Est 2020 New Mom and Dad Mug Gifts for New and Expecting Parents to Be Coffee Cup 14 Oz with Gift Box
- SUPERIOR MATERIAL: Mom and dad 2020 mugs are hand made of high quality marble which mug’s pattern is unique,each cup holds up to 14 oz and has a large C handle for easy gripping, dishwasher safe but not microwave safe.
- PERFECT GIFT IDEA: Dad and Mom coffee mug set is the perfect gift idea for expecting and new parents. Every time new mom and dad drink precious coffee in the morning they will think of you. It will make couple smile for years to come.
- NOVELTY FUNNY GIFT: Dad and Mom coffee cups can as a pregnancy announcement coffee mug with unique memorable significance. And you can revisit the joy of being of mom and dad. Best Father's day, Mother's Day gift.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Dad est 2020 and Mom est 2020 design are printed on both sides of each of the mugs which make it a great option for left or right-hander use. The design will never fade or fall off like other printed products.
- COMFORTABLE DRINKING EXPERIENCE：Perfectly shaped handle and curved rim allow you to keep hold of the mug and sip, added a playful element to coffee and makes life better casual, contemporary and chic.
When We Became Three: A Memory Book for the Modern Family
Burts Bees Mama Bee Gift Set with Tin, 3 Pregnancy Skin Care Products - Leg & Foot Cream, Belly Butter and Original Beeswax Lip Balm
- GIFTS FOR MOM: This Mama Bee Collection of soothing leg and foot cream, smooth belly butter and Beeswax Lip Balm is the ultimate pampering gift set for expecting moms
- SOOTHING FOOT CREAM: Give her legs and feet a break with this Burt's Bees cream specially formulated for moms to be with aching and tired muscles
- PREGNANCY BELLY BUTTER: Nourish the belly before and after pregnancy with a blend of naturally hydrating and moisturizing cocoa, shea and jojoba butters
- SMOOTH LIP BALM: Made with Beeswax, Vitamin E and a hint of peppermint oil, hydrate and nourish dry lips with the original favorite Burt's Bees lip balm
- BURTS BEES GIFT SET: These natural skin care products gifted in a Burt’s Bees tin make the perfect holiday stocking stuffer, pregnancy gift or gift set for new moms
Baby Shower Gifts for New Moms
Ideas for gifts for new moms and babies, compiled from parents' reports on which baby shower gifts they used and appreciated the most.
Lots of baby showers include a registry or two these days, just like weddings. If you weren't invited or no shower is thrown for a new mom (and what a shame!), ask the new dad, partner, or close friend if there's a registry set up for the baby and mom.
A few things nobody wanted much of: Baby clothes. It's hard to resist Dad's favorite baseball team or that cute little rock-and-roll baby shirt at Hot Topic. All babies wear clothes, right? But they go through clothes quickly. The average newborn will outgrow those newborn-size clothes within 3 months or less - one particularly big baby did it in 1 month, to his mom's chagrin. But most moms reported having plenty of newborn clothes, particularly if it wasn't their first baby. So don't overdo it on baby clothes, or consider buying items a size or two larger so baby has something to grow into. Consider items like bibs and crib sheets, which won't be outgrown for much longer. Pick neutrals which will go with anything, if you don't know what color Dad painted the nursery.
Most parents also said they got plenty of commemorative items ("too many", one dad sighed; "we didn't need more things to dust") and toys. If you really want to buy a toy, make sure it's baby-safe; it's a shame to see Teddy sit on a shelf because his button eyes are a choking hazard. Also, beware of large play items and things that may need to be assembled; assembly takes time, which new parents never have enough of - and large items may take up space they don't have to spare, or which was intended for Mom's new craft table rather than more baby stuff.
Most of the moms and dads I spoke to preferred to pick out their own stroller, crib, car seat, and similar items. As one lady said: "The stroller Mom got me was so big and heavy I could barely lift it, or fold it - next time, I took them all on test drives first." If you want to get that item for them, and they don't have a gift registry, make a fancy gift certificate saying you'd like to take them shopping at a store of their choice. Since these items can be expensive, they're often very appreciated gifts. If the new baby is a second or third child, ask whether a larger stroller is needed for the older sibling, or for both together.
On to the presents moms and dads liked best:
Buy them dinner - at home. New moms and families don't have time to cook, and keeping a baby fed is almost a full time job in itself. Go fancy and hire a personal chef to make heat-and-eat meals for the family for a week, or meals from FamilyChef or PlanetOrganics. Or send gift certificates to local delivery places - someplace like Waiters On Wheels or TakeOutTaxi offers a lot of variety.
Housework help. Hire a professional leaning service, or a housekeeper, for the first few weeks - or just go over and do their dishes yourself. Housework tends to slide when there's a new baby, and babies make messes - and their older siblings may make even more.
Babysitting for siblings. Older brothers and sisters may be missing the spotlight as a new baby gets all the attention. Offer to take the toddler to the park or Gymboree - or watch the baby so Mom can spend some time with the older ones. If you can't be there yourself, send a toy or book to the brother or sister, letting them know they're still special. If it's a gift that the baby isn't old enough to play with, then they don't have to share - some "big-kid" privileges go a long way.
Dinner was nice - how about dessert? A new mom has been watching her nutrition and intake for almost a year. Celebrate an end to her abstinence with a little splurge. Nursing moms may not want to hit the champagne too hard, but chocolate truffles, fancy imported cheese, fresh fruits, and coffees may help her celebrate. (Coffee and tea may help her keep up with the little one, as well.) New dads weren't necessarily dieting, but they'll be just as grateful for caffeinated treats during the interrupted sleep phase. One new dad was given a coffee subscription by his co-workers "to help you stay awake at work".
Gift certificates to on-line food emporiums may help a busy mom keep up with her family's needs. Many grocery stores, like Safeway and Vons, now deliver; Drugstore.com and Walgreens deliver drugstore necessities nationwide. Amazon, of course, has just about anything a new mom could want. Deliveries of organic fruits and veggies will help Mom and baby both get proper nutrition.
How about a massage? An in-home visit by a masseuse for Mom's aching back, before or after the birth, will be well received. Massage oil or tools make a great way for Mom and Dad to re-connect during naptimes, and baby massage is a growing field.
And now for more solid presents:
A baby sling or front carrier. This lets Dad and friends help carry the little one, and takes a load off Mom's back and frees up her hands to do other things, while still keeping baby close. They're also a great sleep aid for fussy babies.
Nursing pillows. One new dad swore by his Boppy Pillow as the best baby gift they'd gotten. Breastfeeding or not, a nursing pillow is a great comfy way to prop baby up on a lap and feed from breast or bottle. Many nursing pillows also double as back rests for tired moms, or playtime supports for babies learning to sit up on their own.
Nursing shirts for nursing moms - they can be hard to find in the right sizes, let alone in a flattering color or cut. And any mom is likely to want a wardrobe update after a few months of maternity clothes!
Diaper bags aren't just in pink gingham any more, and Dad may want one of his own. Check out the selection of hip diaper and changing bags at ebags.com or babycatalog.com and pick one for his and her personalities - back-friendly backpacks, hip messenger styles (with cell phone pockets), even designer label diaper bags.
A camera, if Mom or Dad doesn't have a preferred model already. Preferably an easy point-and-shoot that can survive being dropped - kids and sensitive electronics don't mix! A digital camera also eliminates the hassle of getting film developed, which means the baby pictures may make it to Grandma before Junior outgrows the shirt she sent. Disposable cameras are safe for older siblings; give them the task of taking pictures of the new baby. Photo editing software, gift certificates for film developing, or a photo scanner will also help manage all the pictures of the new addition to the family - you know all the relatives want copies. Alternatively, buy the family a portrait session with a local photographer - that way everybody's in the picture.
Labor-saving kitchen devices, if there's a cook in the family. If Mom doesn't already have a food processor (make sure she has room for one on her counters), it's a great way to make her own baby food. There are special baby food processors available, but many "adult" processors come with special attachments. A food mill, strainer, or 'wand' mixer may also come in handy. Remember that most babies won't start eating "solid" foods until they're several months old - but smoothies are healthy for a mom-on-the-go, too.
It may take a village to raise a child, but most of us are lucky if Grandma can visit for a few days. The best gift for any new mom, dad, or baby is your love and support.