Best Computer For Elderly Parents in 2023
HP Compaq Pro 6200 Mini PC Business High Performance Tower Desktop Computer(Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GB,8GB DDR3,120GB SSD+2TB,DVD-ROM,DP to DVI Cable,Windows 10 Professional)(Renewed)
Telikin Elite II - 22" Touchscreen Computer
- 30% Faster Processor than the Telikin Elite!
- High Definition 1920x1080 Resolution Monitor
- High Output Forward Facing Speakers
- Designed for Seniors and Families
- Excellent US Based Support
Pix-Star 15 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame FotoConnect XD with Email, Online Providers, iPhone & Android app, DLNA and Motion Sensor (Black)
- Amazing photo and video viewing experience: 15 inch LED display, 1024x768 pixels, 4:3 ratio. Easily manage the frame remotely and connect up to 25 frames from one single online account, completely FREE.
- Easy set-up: Wi-Fi enabled (2.4 GHz only, 5 GHz network not supported). Set up in a couple of minutes. 8GB internal memory (around 30,000 pictures), supports USB stick, SDHC and SDXC cards. Motion sensor automatically turns on/off the screen when you enter and exit the room.
- Video and photo sharing by email or via the Pix-Star app (iOS and Android) on your smartphone. The perfect gift to share pictures instantly with your loved ones around the world. Remotely view and manage the photos on your connected frames using the Pix-Star website account at no extra charge with no hidden fees, ever.
- It goes both ways! Send pictures from your frame to an individual or several email addresses directly from the frame. Friends and family can share photos to and from the Pix-Star Wi-Fi frame from anywhere in the world.
- Display your social media photos by accessing online photos from Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, one drive, Flickr, Google Drive, Google Photos, 23Snaps and more.
- Receive daily weather forecasts for countries and cities of your choice. Lifetime support and extended 2-year limited included.
Vaunn Medical Adjustable Overbed Bedside Table With Wheels (Hospital and Home Use)
- INFINITE TABLE POSITIONS: Light upward touch on spring-loaded locking handle allows the over bed table to be raised or lowered to any height between 28"- 40"
- PREMIUM FINISHING - Walnut wood-grained laminated top with flush-mounted T-molded edge design.
- IMPROVED DURABILITY & RELIABILITY - Heavy-gauge, CHROME-plated (not silver plated) welded tubular STEEL construction on a H-style base with 4" swivel casters. Provides long lasting stability and easy maneuverability.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY DOCTORS - Top selling Overbed table in Hospitals and Clinics
- DIMENSIONS: 15"(D) x 30"(W) x 28-40"(H); Base Dimensions: 15.5"(D) x 26.5"(W); Table Top Dimensions: 30"(L) x 15"(W) x 0.75"(D)
Skylight Frame - 10 Inch Wifi Digital Picture Frame, Email Photos From Anywhere, Touch Screen Display
- Email photos to the frame: Email photos to Skylight Frame From anywhere, and they arrive in seconds
- Effortless set up: Sets up in 60 seconds. Just plug in, use touch screen to connect to wireless network, and enjoy your digital photo frame
- 10 Inch touch screen: Gorgeous 10 inch touch screen color display with 1280x800 resolution
- Over 100,000 happy customers: Join the thousands of families who make their loved ones smile every day with Skylight. As seen on The Today Show, Buzzfeed, Refinery 29 and Wired
Nixplay Seed 10 Inch WiFi Digital Picture Frame - Share Moments Instantly via App or E-Mail
- GIFT A NIXPLAY SEED FRAME AND STAY CONNECTED: Share photos and videos from your phone or by email to the Nixplay frame, wherever it is; A great gift for new parents, grandparents, newlyweds, college kids or families separated by distance
- SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEO PRIVATELY, SAFELY: Share images to your loved ones' frames and invite others to share pictures to your frame; Send unique photos or playlists to separate frames and grow your private family sharing network
- MANAGE THE FRAME USING YOUR PHONE: The Nixplay App for iOS and Android gives you full control over your frame; Connect to Google Photos to ensure your frame is always up to date; Dropbox, Facebook and Instagram also supported from website
- GET THE SMART FRAME THAT IS TRULY SMART: 16:10 aspect ratio display with 1280 x 800 resolution auto adjusts to portrait or landscape placement; Motion sensor turns the frame on/off when you enter/leave the room; Works with Amazon Alexa, just ask for the playlist you want
- SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT: Our Customer Service team is here to help on your Nixplay Smart Frame; We want to do everything we can to make you happy with your frame
EZSee New and Improved by DC - Low Vision Large Print Keyboard Black Large Print on Yellow Keys Background - USB Wired Computer Keyboard
- Large Bold Print - Perfect for Visual Assistance
- Easy to read for both children & adults
- Multimedia Hot Keys, Low Profie Design
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vists, 2003, XP, 2000
- Warranty: 1 Year, Website:www.buypcsupplies.com
MasTrack- GPS Tracking Device for Cars with Free 1 Year Data Plan | Track On Computer Smartphone| Tracking Employees, Teens, More| Plug Into OBD Port Instant Alerts & Engine Diagnostics
- FREE REAL TIME TRACKING | GPS Tracking Device For Cars No Monthly Fee! Includes 12 months of Basic Anti-Theft GPS Tracking - Nationwide coverage (USA ONLY) - No Activation Fees. Highly accurate state-of-the-art GPS
- NO INSTALLATION NEEDED | Simply plugs into OBD-II port on every vehicle manufactured since 1996 - No tools or wiring required, just plug in and start tracking! No battery needed! Draws power from OBD-II port. Goes to sleep after car ignition is off.
- PLUG-IN AND GO | After plugging in your OBD 2 Port your installation is complete - Your device will automatically start reporting every time the vehicle is switched on and will continue reporting based on your service plan
- PRODUCT FEATURES | Your OBD GPS Tracker is capable of: 24/7 Customer Support (USA), 24/7 Online Tracking, Unlimited Text Message and Email Alerts, Alert when being towed and sitting Idle, Mobile Tracking App
- SMART & EASY TRACKING | Simply log into the web portal and view live or historical tracking at any time. Access tracking from Computers, Smartphones, Tablets, or other web enabled devices - There is no limit on how often you can view your trips
Proteus M5 - WiFi Motion Sensor with Email/ Text Alerts
- Motion detector with email / SMS notification
- 802.11 b / g WiFi connects to your home / office networks
- Programmable alerts when motion is detected, or when no motion is detected for a time period.
- Easy to set up, with back mount power plugs directly into wall outlet
- Sensor fine tuned to detect human movements, avoid pets.
HP Pavilion Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-7400, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10 (570-p020, Black)
- Why buy: A stylish and space-saving desktop with the power to keep up with all your multitasking demands.
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 Processor, Quad-Core, 3.00GHz; Get powerful multitasking performance and 4K video capabilities.
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM; Designed to run more efficiently and more reliably at faster speeds.
- Hard drive: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA; Store all your digital content and still have room left over.
- More productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done.
- Ports: Headphone/Microphone Combo, 1 USB 3.0 (front), 1 USB 3.0 Type-C(TM) (front), 2 USB 2.0 (rear), 2 USB 3.0 (rear), HDMI Out (rear), VGA (rear), 10/100/1000 Base-T Network, and an HP 3-in-1 Media Card Reader help you stay connected.
- Keyboard and mouse: Comes with the HP USB Wired Keyboard with volume control and Wired Optical Mouse.
Making Home Safe from Hazards for Elderly Parents or Relatives
No one wants to end up in a nursing home, but some people have no other option if they become unable to care for themselves. It is necessary to take precautions in order to avoid household accidents.
Dealing With Stubbornness
Many homebound elderly people go on living their lives as they did when they were in better physical health. Understandably, they don't want life to change, and they don't want their surroundings to change either. Unfortunately many people are unreasonably stubborn and refuse to alter their surroundings until after there has been an unfortunate accident. If changes were made as their physical capabilities began to deteriorate, chances are they would not have had an accident. After a bone-breaking fall, many who could have gone on in their homes are now forced into an expensive geriatric nursing facility.
So, what does a person do when their elderly parent or relative refuses to make necessary changes around the home that could save their independence or even their life? No matter their age, those who have shown respect to their elderly parent or relative their entire life often have a hard time telling them what to do. They feel they are stepping over the proverbial line of respect. The fact is, those who don't take a firm stance with elderly parents or relatives may find themselves admitting them to nursing homes if they end up falling and breaking a hip or a limb. If an elderly person doesn't respond to polite suggestions on making changes in the home, it's time to stop making suggestions. It's time to take charge and speak your mind. This may not faze a stubborn elderly parent or relative, but tell them exactly what their future will hold if they become unable to do the simplest of daily tasks. If you have done this to no avail, and if the worst eventually happens, no one can ever truthfully say you didn't try.
Most people aren't financially able to hire 24 hour companions, medical care givers, and housekeepers. Most people don't have time to take care of an elderly parent's or relative's daily needs, go to work, and take care of their own families and a demanding household. The ending result is the elderly person's home is put up for sale, and the now permanently disabled elderly individual is admitted to a nursing home. The home is eventually sold, and the nursing home draws a substantive amount of money from the estate each month until the balance is zero. After all other assets are liquidated, welfare starts paying the tab. After working their entire life, everything the elderly parent or relative worked for is gone.
Elder proofing is somewhat like child proofing a home. Unfortunately some elderly people can be more difficult than children. This of course isn't true for all, but although some have the will and mind set of an adult, they sometimes have the limited capabilities and the questionable judgement of a child. They revert back to being almost childlike in the fact that they say whatever is on their mind, even if it's inappropriate or rude. Some become unreasonable and stubborn, but changes must be made.
First and foremost, remove any tripping hazards throughout the home. Elderly people are sometimes on medications that can cause lightheadedness, dizziness, drowsiness, and instability. This is why it is critical to remove hazards before they cause a problem.
Begin by getting rid of throw rugs. It's important to get rid of any rugs not permanently tacked down that could cause an elderly person to fall. An elderly person accustomed to having throw rugs might not want to get rid of those rugs, but they must be reminded they won't have the luxury of staying in their home if they should fall and become permanently incapacitated. Get rid of rugs around toilets, rugs under dining room tables, and rugs in entryways.
Remove low standing furniture and any household items that may be tripping hazards. Get rid of items such as hassocks, ottomans, footstools, low standing coffee tables, clothes baskets, clutter, and anything else that could be forgotten about and tripped over.
If linoleum or ceramic tile floors tend to be slick, consider installing commercial grade low-pile carpeting throughout the home. Get rid of carpets that are thick, plush, or too bouncy. Thick padding can make floors too springy which in turn can cause a fall. Changing flooring will be an expense, but it might save an elderly person from a painful debilitating injury.
Bathtubs and Showers
The bathroom is one of the most hazardous rooms in the home. This is of course due to water that can cause dangerous slip and fall accidents.
Install strong bars around the bathtub and shower. Make sure they are well secured to the wall so they will be supportive and safe. If necessary, install bars around the toilet so they can be used for support as well.
Make sure the bottom of the tub and shower are covered with either a safety mat or some other type of rough coating. Some showers and tubs have built-in rough surfaces, but this isn't always enough to prevent a fall. Adhesive stick-ons work well if they are checked periodically for adherence and wear. Mats work well, but they can become moldy underneath if they aren't pulled up and allowed to dry after every use.
If there is enough room in the bathroom, consider installing a walk-in shower with large built-in seats and a low edge. These are nice for those who are unable to step up over the side of a bathtub. A large built-in shower seat can be covered with textured adhesive stick-ons so they aren't slippery.
In the Kitchen
Make sure everything the elderly person uses on a regular basis are within easy reach. Bring items down from high shelves, and get rid of step stools that could tempt them to reach for something on a higher level.
Check the refrigerator weekly for outdated foods. It's easy to forget how old fresh foods are, and sometimes taste and smell diminishes with age. Foods that appear to be good may in fact be spoiled.
If an elderly person does in fact seem to have a diminished sense of smell, consider changing from a gas stove to an electric stove. A gas valve left on and undetected could prove to be lethal. Microwaves are the safest choice if cooking capabilities are in question.
Don't wait until an elderly person takes a tumble down the basement stairs before eliminating access. If an elderly person who isn't capable of navigating stairs insists on using them, consider changing the doorknob to one that locks with a key. Hide the key in the home, and keep one for emergencies. Nothing in a basement is worth risking a deadly or debilitating fall.
Get rid of any chairs that roll. If rollers are removable, then by all means remove them. Chairs with castors can move while in the process of sitting down.
If getting out of a chair is a problem, consider buying a lift chair. They are well worth the expense for those who don't have the strength to get up without assistance.
Adding height to a couch or sofa can make it easier to get up and down. Add adequately sized sturdy blocks of wood beneath the legs of a couch or sofa and an elderly person with limited mobility will have an easier time standing up as well as sitting down. The added height can make a big difference.
Some Accidents Cannot Be Prevented
Keep in mind that not all accidents are preventable. A person can make all the necessary changes to ensure the safety of his or her elderly parent or relative, and the unthinkable still happens. All a person can do is try their best to give their elderly loved one the same love and care they were once given when they were unable to care for themselves. Sometimes it is necessary for us to take care of those who once took care of us.